5/8/09

The Institute

The Institute
12th & Green, Philadelphia

I haven't heard a lot about this place but I was very impressed. I met my friend Mike there for a drink thinking it would be your regular old bar with your regular old tap list and I was blown away!! I immediately got an Ommegang Rouge (get it while you can right?) which was served in a nice clean glass at the perfect temperature. The place itself is hip but not too hip, and quite comfortable with an interesting mix of tunes. The second floor holds a whiskey bar which seemed pretty alright as well. After I drained the Rouge, which is so damn good it goes down like water, I ordered a New Holland Golden Cap Saison which was good but had a bit too much wheat for my taste. Aside from our little group, there was absolutely no one there. That bothered me. This is a great bar and I hope people go down and check it out. The beer list is absolutely stellar. I didn't even notice they had bottles when I was there!

So hats off to The Institute for proving once again that Philly has the best beer bars anywhere. I will be back here no doubt and I hope other people check it out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment