5/29/09

I've been smitten by Smuttynose

Last night we had a Smuttynose promo at Earth and it was great. We were pretty damn busy most of the night, which is good, and they brought some fantastic beers. Here's a quick rundown of what I thought.

Schmutzig Hopfen Weisse - A very delicious hoppy wheat beer that's insanely drinkable. It's not often I enjoy drinking a wheat, especially a German style one, but this was great. Could drink this all night.

Star Island Single - A simple, well balanced sessionable Belgian. What more could you ask for? Not overly estery but still pretty complex. A real single! Another one I could drink all night..

Shoals Pale Ale - Nothing too special, but an easy drinking pale. Nicely balanced and not over-hopped. Another killer session brew.

Robust Porter - I've had this plenty of times in the past and can honestly say that this is my favorite porter. Creamy and rich and chocolatey and roasty and perfect. So perfect.

Scotch Ale - Great! Nice amount of caramel with that great, smooth, clean mouthfeel that a Scotch Ale should have. Dangerously drinkable at 8.2%.

Imperial Stout - An interesting take on the style. The way the hops blend with the roasty notes is unusual. It's not a bad thing, but I wouldn't want to have more than one in a sitting.

I didn't get to try the IPA but I'm not sweating it. Thanks to Smuttynose for bringing 6 absolutely awesome brews. I love good beer and this some of the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment