5/12/09

Local 44

Local 44
44th & Spruce, Philadelphia

I've heard some good things about this spot and had to check it out. Went late on a Wednesday and the joint was jam packed with college kids and hipsters talking very loudly. I know you can't judge a place by its customers (as so many people do at Earth) but it was kinda annoying. The place is simple and small inside, but the draft list is the opposite - HUGE! Nicely focused on the locals without sacrificing quality imports. Kostrizer Shwarzbier, Petrus Oud Bruin, Blue Bird Bitter, and Fuller's London Porter on the pump - what more needs said? They only have one bottle, which is Orval, which is awesome. I had an Ommegang Abbey that was absolutely sublime. I gotta say though the food wasn't so great. So, go somewhere else to eat, then come here to get sloshed. I recommend it.

Philly is pretty fucking awesome huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment